Tutorial - Defined Brows using Wax and Powder


I'm not going to lie, I am a big fan of my own eyebrows and in my advanced years (a grand old twenty one these days) I think that they are the single most important part of any makeup look. Without them my face isn't fully formed - there are eyes and a mouth but an all round lack of structure. I have tried eyebrow pencils but they just buckle under pressure, rubbing away as soon as I get warm. These babies are here to stay, the wild hairs wrangled and tamed with wax and set fast with eyeshadow.  Here are my power brows, I hope they are helpful.
1. Start off with clean, bare eyebrows. Mine are somehow both wispy and wayward. We are not friends.

2. Block out rough shape with brow wax, brushing all the hairs in the right direction.

3. Start filling in brows starting from the arch with darkest colour. By keeping the intensity of colour back here, it stops the brows looking too unnatural.

4. Switch to the lighter brown, using the flat edge of the angled brush to map out the shape.

5. Create sharp lines at inner end of brow where the hairs fade out.

6. Fill in the front of brow.

7. With the edge of the angled brush, extend the brow tail into a tapering point

8. Looking good, but a little harsh?

9. Take a little face powder on a fluffy brush and diffuse the front of the brow. A little more natural.

10. Well done! Have a cup of tea


The star of the show? A small, stiff angled brush that gives you a good amount of control. Mine is from Ecotools.

Products
E.l.f. Cosmetics Brow kit in Ash (only the wax)
Very dark grey brown from Revlon Eyeshadow Quad in Siren
EcoTools angled brush
MAC Cosmetics Mystery eyeshadow
Mac Mineralize skin finish natural in Light Plus
Real Techniques deluxe crease brush.


Ready to take on the day! How do you like to do your eyebrows?





- Twitter - Pinterest - Facebook - MakeupBee - Bloglovin -

8 comments:

  1. I love mac mystery shadow!

    Beauty blog sale all products reduced by 50% or more including products from nars, MAC, armani, clinique and more. We seem to have the same taste in products so i hope you take a look! http://talisatalksbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/massive-blog-sale-products-from-nars.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a perfect neutral brown. Thanks for the link! I'll have to try it out x

      Delete
  2. I must say, you do your brows beautifully!! Mystery is a great brow color. I love it because my natural hair color is almost black x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's really great for dark brows. It's actually the only mac shade I have, but I'm glad I do!

      Delete
  3. super handy tutorial! Love your brows xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tutorial lovely! I'm terrible at my brows.. but luckily for me they are fairly thick, so when I get them waxed and tinted, they look fantastic and don't need much work! :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice post and i like this
    thank's for your information

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to fill mine in with a stiff brush and with Bobbi Brown's eyeshadow in Mahogany. You have seriously awesome brows! x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear feedback on my work, so feel free to leave a comment! I always reply so check back for answers to any questions <3