Dark Heart - Pink Triangle on her sleeve...


Well well, it has been a very long time since I logged onto here. I could give all the excuses in the world, but really I just haven't felt like blogging. Product reviews were just feeling like a chore, but playing with makeup has still been a daily occurrence and I have been updating my Facebook page with an almost obsessive frequency. So, from now on I think this blog will be dominated with my makeup looks and just occasional product reviews since that is the part of all this beauty blogging lark that I enjoy most!

Well, housekeeping aside, here is a fun look that I did recently. Having just recently joined Instagram (makeupmouse, just thought I'd mention...) I stumbled across this gorgeous look by @missrachellev based on a MAC face chart from @jay_lush1. I was completely fascinated by this triangular cut crease that reminded me in equal parts of a clown's conical hat and Jessica Rabbits glossy eyelids, so I had to recreate it!


The bronze and gold tones of the original are lovely, but I thought I would try it in a brighter colour! The Dark Heart Designs shadow in Pink Nights is a really vibrant hot pink and matches the Collection Glam Crystals glitter liner in Dancing Queen very well indeed.


I marked out the triangular shape with a dark brown shade on an angled brush first, then gradually deepened the line and blended it out to create the illusion of a pointed crease shape. I did the same on the lower lid, pulling out the line into a very straight winged shape as in the original look. I filled in the pink afterwards, mixed with the Dark Heart Designs Eyelixir on a small, flat brush to keep the shape very sharp and repeated the process for the little pink spots and the white lower liner. The lower lashes were individual ones so that they could look nice and fluffy and I could leave a gap for the dots, and I brushed by brows up to give them a bit of a bushy effect. The look was finished off with a purple toned blush and a lilac lipstick.


Products

Dark Heart Designs Pink Nights (bright pink), Jadis (silvery white duochrome) and Fighter (ark, matte brown) eyeshadows
Collection Glam Crystals Glitter Liner in Dancing Queen (multicoloured pink)
Dark Heart Designs Dark Magic Eyelixir
MAC Mystery (dark, cool toned brown) eyeshadow
Sleek Face Form in Light - Contour colour
Rimmel Glam Eyes Professional Liquid Liner
Elf Eyebrow Kit in Ash
Revlon Eyeshadow Quad in Siren - Darkest Brown for brows.
Claire's Accessories false lashes - Individual lashes and 'Glam' lashes
Collection Illuminating Touch concealer in Naked
Dark Heart Designs Crash & Burn (mauve with copper shimmer) Blush
Dark Heart Designs It's My Life (warm lilac) Lipstick


Hope you enjoyed this! Would you guys try this look?





- Twitter - Pinterest - Facebook - MakeupBee - Bloglovin -

4 comments:

  1. Můj svět krásy2 October 2013 at 14:54

    It´s amazing! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't find this lipstick! Please let me know where I can get it, it's perfect!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear feedback on my work, so feel free to leave a comment! I always reply so check back for answers to any questions <3