Makeup Magic - Warm Neutral Look in High End and Budget Products

 Do not fear, that haggard beast in the first photo has not risen from the dead into the internet wires as you would expect in any dodgy late 90's horror movie - it is me. Today I wanted to do some super neutral makeup that probably doesn't look anything special at all, but when you see the before and after I think you can really see how much of a difference it makes in brightening up the face and giving off that effortless 'I just threw this on' impression.

Honestly, I have no qualms with heading out of the door with not a drop of concealer or a swipe of mascara in sight. I'm not one of those girls who just happens to look amazing with a bare face (as you can very plainly see in the top left), but on the other hand I feel no shame in the face that I came with. Posting it on the internet is still a little scary though...



































However, for those occasions when you do want to look like a little effort in for a brighter, shinier version of yourself then I think this kind of warm peachy brown makeup is a great one to go for. This would be a really great look for a job interview as it is so neutral yet polished. The fully set face, and tinted lip balm and lip liner also makes it a really long lasting look that wouldn't need touching up like a bolder lipstick or gloss would.

The most important thing for me was fixing my sallow, discoloured skin. I have quite a bit of red pigmentation on my nose and under my eyes, and greenish-yellow around my mouth that can make me look rather sickly so I used a light liquid foundation so as not to cake up my skin but really focussed on concealing imperfection and adding in a nice rosy glow. Beyond that the most dramatic improvement for me is filling in and defining the eyebrows. Mine have quite a nice arch naturally but are a bit patchy and uneven so I just emphasize the shape with a brown shadow and set with a clear mascara. I like big, full, vintage brows but tend to stick with shadow to fill them in just to keep the look somewhat natural.

After that all there is to it is a very simple blown out golden brown eye with a little kitten flick of eyeliner to keep with the slightly vintage theme and a neutral coral lip. I absolutely hate the look of nude lips on myself as I have dark eyes and such a small mouth I think it looks very out of balance, but if you are fairer then a nude may suit you very well. As with everything in makeup the key is to find what you are most happy and comfortable in.

Here is everything I used! Sorry for the horrible photo, but my camera was dying and I didn't realise it was so over-exposed. Gosh it looks like so much stuff for such\a neutral face.

Skin
Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in 10 Beige
Real Techniques Stippling Brush
Collection Illuminating touch Brightening Concealer in Naked 1 on high points of face
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Light 2 on under eye bags
Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush
MAC Mineralize Skin finish Natural in Light Plus
Crown HD Powder Brush
Sleek Face Form in Light - Contour under cheek bones, under jawline and on temples
Crown HD Blush Brush
Sleek Face Form - Blush along cheeks
Real Techniques Blush Brush

Eyes
W7 Prime Magic eyshadow primer all over lids
BH Cosmetics 120 Palette 3rd Edition - Warm shimmery gold over lid, warm dark matte brown blended through crease and on lower lid, pale shimmery beige on inner corner
Crown HD Oval Shadow Brush & Blending Crease Brush
Mac Mystery Eyeshadow (dark neutral brown) to deepen crease and along lower lashline
Crown 020 Precision Crease brush (as pencil brush)
Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid Liner in 100% Black in tiny winged liner shape on outer half of the eye
Rimmel Day 2 Night Mascara - small size on upper and lower lashes

Brows
Mac Mystery Eyeshadow
Eco Tools Angled Liner Brush
2True Clear Mascara

Lips
Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in 018 Addiction to perfect lip line and fill in lips
Clinique Chubby Stick in Mega Melon over lips

Hope you enjoyed this, and weren't scared away by my naked face! What is your favourite 'my face but better' look?





- Twitter - Pinterest - Facebook - MakeupBee - Bloglovin -

16 comments:

  1. Oh my god you're hair is awesome! Lovely make up too - nice and natural! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow love your look! Such cool hair you have. <3

    Shang J.| The Feminine Crusade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks amazing and your skin looks so flawless!

    xxx

    www.forevermissvanity.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your attitude. I share it as well. I know I don't look my best without a drop of makeup, dark circles, and blemishes showing, but it's me, and I'm not afraid to go out barefaced. It's quite refreshing actually.
    You look gorgeous and you do your eyebrows flawlessly! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am enjoying my current eyebrows I must admit. And I am glad you share my view! As soon as I started genuinely not feeling bad or embarrassed about my own imperfect face I became so much happier all round. No need to hide yourself!

      Delete
  5. Love the finished look. Your hair is way gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg ! i love ur hair color and its amazing the way you have concealed d under eye area :) <3

    Do check out my blog too and maybe if you like it we can follow each other :)

    http://drpoisonivy.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some good tips! (By the way, your first face looks just fine haha but your second face is gorgeous :P)
    I absolutely love your hair too!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ah, everybody is their own worst critic ;D

      Delete

I love to hear feedback on my work, so feel free to leave a comment! I always reply so check back for answers to any questions <3